Stephaniemiller

Stephanie's books and other things

I like books. I like art. I have opinions.....you've been warned.

A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin
The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
Tavis Smiley, Cornel West
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
Stephen King, Jae Lee
Hazel Harrison
The Mad Art of Caricature!: A Serious Guide to Drawing Funny Faces
Tom Richmond (Illustrator)
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers - Mary Roach I have been thinking of donating my body to science. I think that would be the best way to dispose of it I am gone. I know that I am not my body, not that I know who "I" am, but I am pretty sure we don't hang around worrying about what happens to the sack of meat, water and bones once "we" leave it.

While reading this book I pictured my body going through all the scenarios that are described in this book. Some were disturbing, some were kind of funny. Picturing my body being propped up as a creepy crash test dummy and being all slumpy and uncooperative.....struck me as funny.

Nothing really changed my mind about donating except for the testing of ammunition and guns, and their effectiveness....... might. I really am not a fan of the gun.....do I want to help out with that? Mary Roach points out that you cannot specify where your body goes, so I don't know.

Another bad thing that could happen was pointed out by a friend of mine. She had a friend going to nursing school, for some reason they had to do some kind of learning with cadavers. When the friend saw the cadaver, it was her grandmother. Now this sounds like an urban myth, and could very well be, but it makes a good point. In the end, the very end, it's about the loved ones of the person who's passed and not about the dead person. So as long as there is no one around that cares anymore, or my loved ones are completely comfortable with the decision, then I will donate my body to science.