Stephaniemiller

Stephanie's books and other things

I like books. I like art. I have opinions.....you've been warned.

A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin
The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
Tavis Smiley, Cornel West
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
Stephen King, Jae Lee
Hazel Harrison
The Mad Art of Caricature!: A Serious Guide to Drawing Funny Faces
Tom Richmond (Illustrator)
Nixonland: America's Second Civil War and the Divisive Legacy of Richard Nixon 1965-1972 - Rick Perlstein This was a hard book for me to get through. I had to take breaks and read two other books while getting through this one. It was a bit slow going, and also depressing.

Nixon was the first Republican president who was obsessed with power. Power was much much more important to him then doing the job of the president, which is to care for the welfare of the citizens of the United states. Up until Nixon, the presidents of the time new their job was to serve. To make this nation a great place to live. But since Nixon the Republicans have just been spiraling down hill, into an ever growing cesspool of power hungry, selfish, down right criminal pile of morons.

It's really shocking what it has happened to the Republican party. I'm not talking about the average conservative on the street with well thought out policy's, (I bet you're even more dumb founded at the choices you have now then I am), I'm talking about the batshit crazy people who have taken over the party. Thanks to the tea baggers, no one moderate is allowed a chance (shoot, today I bet Goldwater would be considered a left wing loon). I am not a fan of Mitt Romney, but since he did some good things to help people in his state of Massachusetts (health care, much like the presidents current plan) he hasn't got a chance.......really? WTF? .....W....T.....F! Oh, and he believes the science behind climate change, Bad Mittens, bad!

Now your stuck with choices like Palin and Bachman, who haven't the foggiest clue about American History (Good thing they're pretty), and the rest of the lot who (say they) think that cavemen hung out with dinosaurs.....probably think the world is flat. Anyone sane would not be extremely conservative enough.

Uuhhhhhhhggggg! Thanks Mr. Nixon, thanks a bunch.