Stephaniemiller

Stephanie's books and other things

I like books. I like art. I have opinions.....you've been warned.

A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin
The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
Tavis Smiley, Cornel West
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
Stephen King, Jae Lee
Hazel Harrison
The Mad Art of Caricature!: A Serious Guide to Drawing Funny Faces
Tom Richmond (Illustrator)
Paper Towns - John Green Margo Roth Spiegelman wants revenge, and she enlists a reluctant Q to help.

Margo has ignored Q for years, because he’s a bit of a nerd and she is one of the popular ones. But before all of that, they were childhood pals and next door neighbors. On an outing in the early years, they discover something awful, which causes Margo to develop an interest in solving and creating mysteries. After that day Margo disappears from Q’s life, socially.

One day in high school Margo finds out that her best friend and her boyfriend have been sleeping with each other behind her back. Other friends betray her as well, and this pisses her off. She devises an intricate plan of revenge, and drags poor Q along after not noticing him for years. He of course (and inexplicably) is in love with her and will do, and does, anything for her.

In the middle of the night the plan is executed. The next morning Margo Roth Spiegelman has disappeared………literally.

This story is set in Orlando, a place I lived for three years, which made it interesting for me. (This is an itsy bitsy spoiler) Also, on the night of revenge they break into Sea World and run around, dance and play. Let me tell you this is impossible. It was hard enough to leave work at night through security, let alone hop a fence somewhere to get in. Ever since some guy committed suicide by Shamu….security has been tight. It really happened, and it was ugly. (Spoiler over)

I enjoyed Papertowns. I just wanted to slap Margo Roth Spiegelman on the back of her head, spoiled rotten little self absorbed snot, and Q for being stupid enough for putting up with her