Stephaniemiller

Stephanie's books and other things

I like books. I like art. I have opinions.....you've been warned.

A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin
The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
Tavis Smiley, Cornel West
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
Stephen King, Jae Lee
Hazel Harrison
The Mad Art of Caricature!: A Serious Guide to Drawing Funny Faces
Tom Richmond (Illustrator)
Palmistry: How to Chart the Lines of Your Life - Roz Levine I don't have a review about this book, as I do a story about it.

I bought this book back in the 90's when I was working a Busch Gardens, Williamsburg VA., (one of the only places on earth you might run into Ben Franklin waiting in line at the grocery store to buy a gallon of milk and Cheetos).

I was reading it one day while on break at the Fest Hause, when a friend (let's call him Henry) of my manager's approached me and asked "Hey, what's that you're reading?"

"Um, it's a little embarrassing, a book on palmistry." I said. "It looked interesting so I picked it up. I don't believe in any of it, but it's kind of cool."

"So, you can read palms?" Henry asked.

"No....well....yeah I suppose technically I can tell you stuff I've learned from this book, but I ...don't have any special..."

"Read my palm!" He slapped his hand down, palm up, next to my lunch. Spork jumping a half a foot.

"Ok, I guess, but all I did was read a book." I repeated. "Anyone....almost anyone can do that."

So I look at the guys palm and "read" it. I tell him everything I see according to the BOOK. His face went white and stammered a bit and asked "You don't know anything about me, do you?" "not really" I answered, which was the truth. I wouldn't have known his name but for his name tag.

"Oh my god! You are amazing!! How did you know all that stuff about me?" He asked, starring at me bug eyed. It freaked me out a little to tell the truth.

"I didn't.....I read this book." I held it up and tapped the cover for emphasis. "I'm not amazing, I'm not psychic, I'm literate."

Ignoring me "You have to read my friends palms...they won't believe it!! You're spooky!!" he said "I'm going to set something up with them. Please do it...please, I'll pay."

"Oh for Pete's sake, I. Am. Not. Psychic.....FINE, tell me where and when....don't pay me, I'll do it for the alcohol."

That's the day I learned that I could have made a living at being a "psychic" with out any ability in that area what so ever. Then it occurred to me that maybe everyone that does do it for money, has no more ability than I do.......

Huh.