Stephaniemiller

Stephanie's books and other things

I like books. I like art. I have opinions.....you've been warned.

A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin
The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
Tavis Smiley, Cornel West
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
Stephen King, Jae Lee
Hazel Harrison
The Mad Art of Caricature!: A Serious Guide to Drawing Funny Faces
Tom Richmond (Illustrator)
Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time - Brian Tracy I finished this book a couple of days ago..........and I wanted to put a review in right away to get it in at the top of the week, but there was the Super bowl, then Monday I had to make dog food (you did read that correctly), last night Justified was on.....and that needs your full attention. This morning I had class for my Ballot Judge position for the primary March 6 (that promises to be a clusterf#¥k my friends). Now I'm stuck at work, and have to type this out on my IPad which is not the fastest way to type, so that's annoying. Customers keep coming up, wanting to buy something.....the nerve.

Like majority of the human race, I have some procrastination issues,. So I thought I'd pickup the classic, but unfortunately named, Eat That Frog for some guidance. This book is full of great common sense tools to get yourself to do what you'd rather not do. Basically what you need to do is make lists. On the top of that list you put the thing you would rather avoid doing the most. This would be your "Frog". Then do that thing first, or eat that frog......then work your way down that list from the next slightly smaller, less ugly frog, down to prime rib, Oreos, tacos and cherry pie at the end of the list, if you could ever get there.

This book is geared toward the work environment, specificity office type work, which is not what I do. I draw people for a living (from life), so when the author wrote about picking out the most difficult thing you would all day to do first, I imagined picking out the screaming two year old from the crowd first, followed by the stumbleing drunk......ect.

So, I do plan to eat some frogs right after I beat a few people on Words With Friends.