Stephaniemiller

Stephanie's books and other things

I like books. I like art. I have opinions.....you've been warned.

A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin
The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
Tavis Smiley, Cornel West
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
Stephen King, Jae Lee
Hazel Harrison
The Mad Art of Caricature!: A Serious Guide to Drawing Funny Faces
Tom Richmond (Illustrator)
The Illuminated Rumi - Rumi, Coleman Barks, Michael Green I love this book. I love this book. I. Love. This. Book.

I have had it for a long time and I pick it up every so often and find myself flipping back and forth through the pages, and before I know it an hour has past. The poetry and illustrations are a perfect mix. Alone Rumi can be overwhelming, but with images it is much easier to absorb.

I have lived on the lip of insanity,
Wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door.

opens

I've been knocking from the inside!

Rumi lived in Turkey in the mid thirteenth century, yet his writings stand the test of time. It seems to me that life, and what we all want and need as human beings never changes.

I love this one....

Not Christian or Jew or Muslin, Not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system.

I am not from the east or the west, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all. I do not exist.

Am not an entity in this world or the next. Did not descend from Adam and Eve or any origin story. My place is the placeless, a trace of the traceless. Neither body or soul.

I belong to the beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know.

First, last, outer inner, only that breath breathing.

Human Being.